5 Reasons You’ll Wish You Hired A Wedding Videographer
This is a post that I wish I had read when planning our wedding. It’s also a topic I wish I really took the time to research and reach out to vendors for more details and why it is different from still photos because to be honest, the idea of a wedding video just didn’t seem necessary to me at the time. Now, being in the wedding industry, I can’t get enough of wedding videos! Being able to watch the most special day of your lives filmed raw and authentically, with details captured that you may not have noticed, or just the simple fact you want watch these precious moments and get to relive them over and over again is priceless in my opinion. I am so excited to have Jake & Tasha from Glass Woods Media on The Guide. This husband and wife duo know exactly how to tell your love story with their creative photography and videography style. They are so genuinely passionate about what they do, and it shines through their work. When I first met Tasha, and she starting explaining to me her standpoint on wedding videography, I knew right away I wanted to pass along some of her amazing points she made to me, for all you couples that may be on the fence about hiring a wedding videographer.
A Little Bit About Glass Woods Media
We are a husband & wife team located in paradise…well, we’re actually in the heart of Huntington Beach, California. But it’s about as close to paradise as you can get!
We specialize in capturing the stories of couples who are passionately in love with each other, telling their unique and beautiful narrative through the lens both with still photography and cinematography.
Our favorite way to tell love stories is to authentically know the ones who are getting married. If that’s you, we’d love to personally know you, your future spouse, and the relationship grounded in love that has led you to something truly amazing…marriage!
Your wedding day is going to be the tangible reflection of your personalities, your relationship, and your love for each other. A unique, once in a lifetime, spectacular event.
Glass Woods Media Shares 5 Reasons You’ll Wish You Hired A Wedding Videographer
Let’s face it, the main reason that many couples choose to forgo a wedding video is the cost. After spending so much money on every other detail of the wedding day, how can you afford hire one more vendor? If you have photos, what do you really need video for anyway? Well here are 5 quick reasons you might wish you’d gone ahead and hired a wedding videographer when it’s all said and done.
LIFE – Wedding video brings your most cherished memories back to life.
- The first reason videography is a valuable addition to your wedding day is the most obvious. It captures movement and life in a way that stills simply cannot. Trust us, you will want to remember the way that your husband’s breath caught at the first moment he saw you in your wedding dress, and the way that dress flowed when you walked, you’ll want to remember that one large tear that your dad brushed away while dancing with you, and how your tipsy cousins tore it up on the dance floor. And you won’t just want to remember that day, you’ll want to bring it back to life!
WORDS – It captures the meaningful words that were spoken.
- A good videographer is also an audiographer. Capturing the words that are spoken on your wedding day is just as special as capturing the images, and weaving them together makes wedding video magic. Talk to your videographer about their audio set-up, and make sure they are ready to capture the words as well as the moments. One thing that we love to do to enhance the wedding video, and the wedding day experience, is to have the bride and groom write letters to each other. We record audio of each of them reading their letters to one another, to use in the highlight film. Then we set aside some time before the ceremony for each of you to read your spouse’s letter. These are such special moments of quiet and anticipation in the midst of a bustling wedding day.
SHARING – Share your special day with all of your people.
- You are going to love your wedding photos. You will probably look through all 1,500 of them over and over. Let’s be real though, not everyone is going to want to sit down and browse through them ALL. The wedding highlight video is a perfect sharing length (ours range from 4-8 minutes long). It’s a great way for your friends and family to relive the magic of your day. And it’s also a great way for all the friends who couldn’t make it to get a glimpse into your wedding and really get a feel for the vibe of the day!
MEMORY – Re-live the moments that went by all too fast.
- Ask just about any married person about their wedding day and they’ll say something like: “it flew by so fast,” or “the ceremony was a blur.” In the midst of all the joy and excitement and nerves, this day that you have been planning for so long will be over before you know it. This is one of the main reason’s you’ll wish you had a wedding video. Along with the highlight video, most videographers include, or offer the opportunity to add on, a full length edit of your wedding ceremony, and/or a full length edit of the reception events (dances, toasts, etc.). Video allows you to relive the moments of your day that just flew by.
VALUE – Your memories are the most valuable part of your wedding day.
- The memories that you make on your wedding day are priceless. The food will get eaten, the flowers will fade, your perfectly curated rentals will all be returned, but your photos and videos will last forever. This is why we are so passionate about capturing your wedding story. Couples pour their hearts and souls into planning a day that reflects their personalities, and brings all of their loved ones together to celebrate their marriage. And it deserves to be commemorated.
A few words of advice…
- Like a coordinator and a photographer, your wedding videographer is someone who will be with you for the whole wedding day, so you want to make sure that they are someone you don’t hate spending time with. Set a meeting with your videographer before you book with them to get a feel for their personality. You won’t regret it!
- Go to your videographers blog and watch their past videos. There are so many styles out there, and you want to be sure you find someone who fits your vibe.
- Adding a wedding videographer can mean adding another team of people to coordinate with, another set of contracts to sign and meetings to set. If you can, it’s a great idea to hire a team that does both photo and video (like us, wink wink). It cuts down on the work on your end, and also ensures that the day will run smoothly, because your photographers and videographers know each other, and are used to each other’s shooting styles.Here is a perfect example of how beautiful wedding videography can be, and how its entirely different than photos.
Justin + Kim’s Orange County Heritage Museum Autumn Wedding
Venue: Heritage Museum of Orange County // Makeup: Lindsey LeBraque – Dedication Salon // Hair: Blush by Melissa Marie // Photography: Los Ebano // Videography: Glass Woods Media // Florals: Botanica Floral // Wedding Gown: Christos Costarellos from The Dress Theory, San Diego // Bridesmaids Dresses: Lulus, Tobi, Revolve, Donna Morgan and JLM Couture// Suits: Mi Moda Italian Suits // Catering: Country Garden Caterers // Rentals: Bella Vita Vintage Rentals and Signature Party Rentals // Coordinator: Amanda Christensen // Event Design: AK Johnston Group
Thank you so much to Tasha & Jake for shining a light on how magical wedding videography is!